Fifth Year in Germany : A Memoir

by - November 05, 2019

The last week of October marked my 5th year in Germany. I have been to Germany before October 2014, but that day changed the course of my life. A lot of things have happened during those 5 years, which make it impossible to compile them into one simple blog post. 

This post will be in a different format than my normal fashion blog posts that are full of "professional" content production. In this post, I am trying to embrace my imperfections and show you what actually happens in my life. I hope you enjoy these imperfect captured moments as I tell you my highlights during my 5th year in Germany.


 

“We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.” 

– Anonymous

Honestly, I haven't travelled as much as I want to due to one or other reasons. I have been kind of busy as I did a full 3 months internship in itPortal24 in Marburg. The internship gave me a lot of insights into the start-up world and awakened my interests in IT-related projects. I did have a two-day holiday in which I used to visit Jacqueline in Frankfurt and Darmstadt. This really impacted me as I  felt kind of uninspired in this new semester but I'm trying to push through and hustle to grow. Travelling more should be on my vision board for 2020.

Life, in general, has been really good to me. I achieved a lot of things and crossed some things from my bucket list. I am still kind of striving for that life perfection but also trying to be kinder to myself.

This year is actually the year I realized how much I changed culturally. I am now at the point where I'm not German enough to be German nor Indonesian enough to be Indonesian. Because of these reasons, I have been struggling to find my place in society here in Germany or back home. My opinions and lifestyle are getting more German, but some of my values or communication style stay Indonesian. Let's see if this improves in the future :) 


Vania Aprilia, B.Sc 

I finally got my bachelor degree in business administration in July! I wrote my 44 Pages bachelor thesis about The Effect of Video Gaming on Strategic Decision Making. It was a lot of fun but I also had some points when I felt really drained and frustrated. But all the hustling was indeed fruitful as I got 13 points (very good), yay! I am very thankful for all my family and friends who helped me to push through. Very special credit to Tasha who was my Beta in this thesis! 

 What's Next? M.Sc

What am I doing now? I'm currently pursuing a master degree in Philipps Universität Marburg. Decided to stay here in Marburg because the programme suited my passion for management. Didn't also think that moving away and start from zero in another city would be worth it for 2 years. 

So far studying in masters needs way more work than in bachelor. We have to prepare too many things before and after the lecture. But the subjects are explained in a more in-depth manner and with more real best practices as examples. I'm also really motivated to study more because now I can choose all my subjects :p Let's see if the motivation stays until the end of my studies lol


Organisational Life

I decided to slowly get my life together about one year ago so I joined Phlink , a student consulting organisation. I participated in some events and currently doing a social media campaign project with the city of Marburg. Please do like and share all of our posts! It is posted in Universitätstadt Marburg's Instagram





“Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.”
– Marcel Proust

Just like the quote says,  I'm more than grateful to have friends that are there through happy and tough times. I can't fit all of my dear friends into this blog post so I'm sorry if you're not in this picture collage! You guys are all sure included in my heart lol.
Cheers to more great days hanging out in the warm sun or cold German winter :p


Cheers to better days living in Germany!

You May Also Like

3 Comments

  1. Want to Win Various Prizes? Click and Participate on online Canadian sweepstakes Don’t lose the chance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Want to Win grand Prize? Visit unlockyourtreasure.com and follow on-screen instructions to complete and submit the registration form. Don’t lose the chance

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snovitra 10 is an oral remedy that helps resolve the problem of Erectile Dysfunction in men. It contains an active substance of Vardenafil 10mg in it.
    Buy Vardenafil 10mg Tablets

    ReplyDelete

Comment and Share The Post
Follow me on Bloglovin' | Instagram | Facebook